University, College, and Departmental Scholarship Application
Students may apply for scholarships by following the directions below. The scholarship application is open October 1 - March 1.
- Student must be admitted to MSU to apply for scholarships.
- Log in to your MyState account using your NetID and NetPassword.
- On the Banner tab, under the Financial Aid and Scholarships column, click "Submit/Revise General Scholarship Application."
- A new window will pop up, and you'll need to log in again using your NetID and NetPassword.
- When you're logging in for the first time, you'll need to complete the general application.
- Don't forget to click the "Save" button! When you're returning after your first log-in, you'll be able to see your saved information.
- After you complete and submit your general application, you may have additional opportunities recommended to you based on your test scores, GPA, leadership and service, and applicant record. More opportunities may become available over time, so we encourage you to log in regularly and check your account to see if any additional recommendations appear.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions and Scholarships at scholarships.msstate.edu or (662) 325-2224.
Alabama Feed and Grain Association Scholarships
Each year the Alabama Feed & Grain Association awards scholarships to deserving students majoring in the Agricultural field. Students submit their scholarship applications and the Scholarship Committee makes their decisions. For information:
The Alabama Feed & Grain Association Board of Director’s have decided to postpone the awarding of agriculture scholarship(s) until the Spring 2021 semester. All interested students majoring in the field of agriculture will need to submit a scholarship application (can be found on AF&GA website) for consideration before September 30, 2020 to the AF&GA office. The scholarship committee will make their decision and the awarded amount will be put in the recipient’s university account during December 2020 to be used for Spring 2021. If a student applied in January - May 2020 it is not necessary to reapply unless the information submitted needs updating. The 2019 student applications have already been purged, so a prior year’s application cannot be resurrected for use. A student must reply each cycle. The only requirement for consideration is the student be majoring in the field of agriculture (at any level).
Alpha Gamma Rho
Alpha Gamma Rho is an agricultural-based fraternity. It is the only social and professional fraternity on campus at Mississippi State University. Every year the raternity offers a $1000 scholarship to an individual attending MSU the following fall. You do not have to be a member to receive this award.
The Garden Club of America
Since 1928 when the Rome Prize Fellowship in Landscape Architecture was established, The Garden Club of America has funded more than 1,400 recipients. The GCA offers 29 merit-based scholarships in 12 areas. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents enrolled in a U.S. based institution. Deadlines are in January and February.
NAICC's Foundation for Environmental Agriculture Education
NAICC's Foundation for Environmental Agriculture Education (FEAE) will provide three Undergraduate Scholarships to be awarded to deserving Undergraduate students in agriculture.Two Graduate Scholarships will be awarded to Graduate students in agriculture. Deadline is December 1.
Premier Future Ag Leaders Scholarship Program
Premier Select Sires will award up to $20,000 to students within the Premier territory through the 2021 Premier Future Ag Leaders Scholarship Program. Two exemplary students will receive $2,500 scholarships through either the Johnny Daniel Memorial Scholarship or the Wayne Dudley Scholarship. Several other students will receive scholarships of $750-$1,000 in value. High school seniors through college seniors presently enrolled or planning to enroll in an undergraduate agriculture-related major may apply. The student or his/her parent or guardian must reside in the Premier membership area and must be an active Premier customer in good standing.