Katie Kelly, fashion merchandising major, is interning at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort in Destin, Florida. She works at the three retail stores onsite. Last summer, she worked as a seasonal retail sales associate at the resort. She loved it so much she came back this year to complete her internship. Her favorite part of the internship is the location. "I also love the brands we carry in our stores and the opportunities we have to work with each brand." She said her professors and instructors at MSU have prepared her for the internship. "Everything is going great and I'm still learning a lot. I can't wait to take everything I'm learning back to MSU in the fall and continue building my knowledge of fashion merchandising." She said the biggest lesson has been the amount of hard work that goes into keeping the stores running smoothly. "I have learned so far that running three stores is very hard work and working as a team with all of my coworkers is the only answer to all of the madness that goes on from open to close," she said. She chose her major because she's passionate about fashion merchandising. "I know that my future job will be something I love doing. The opportunities out in the world for my major are endless!" she said.
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!