Callie Whitfield is an ambassador in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. She is a biochemistry major in the Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Entomology and Plant Pathology. "I chose biochemistry because it seemed at the time to be the perfect major for an aspiring physician. After being here two years, I can say this is a great major for pre-medicine students," she said. Callie hopes to change the world as a physician and her next big step is applying to medical school. "While this process is overwhelming and daunting, it is also an exciting time for me! I cannot wait to see where MSU will lead me as I continue to pursue my career in medicine," she said. She said a defining moment occurred early in her college career. "When my mother and I came to State for orientation, we were both fearful and nervous while also excited. During those two days, though, we both grew confident that I had made the right college decision." Callie encourages potential students up for an exciting, fun challenge to explore the major.
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!