Julia Putt is following in her mother's footsteps in floral management. Julia is a horticulture major with a concentration in floral management. She grew up around flowers. Her parents own a special events company, and her mother is an alumna of the program. Julia is spending this summer in Nashville working for Buds and Bunches. She uses design techniques that she learned at MSU to arrange flowers for the company. "I love Nashville and one of our family friends knew a guy that was a floral designer here. He is the only florist located downtown so it has been cool getting to help with designs for the big hotels in downtown Nashville." Julia's experience has shown her different aspects of how a business is run. The experience has been incredible for the budding florist. "It's not only the experience to grow in my design work but moving away from home into a big new city has made me grow up a good bit. If you ever get the opportunity to go out and intern… go. Don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone, because you will learn a lot about yourself," Julia said.
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!