Dorothy Cottonham is animal and dairy sciences major. Her friends call her DeeDee and she's always had a love for animals. She hopes to become a vet one day. This summer, she cares for sows and their growing piglets. "I took an academic course called swine science taught by Professor Shengfa Liao. This course taught me about pigs and their behavior." After that, she earned a paid internship at a swine breeding farm in West Point. "The experience is valuable even though I don't plan to pursue a career in the industry. I see several aspects of the industry and have the chance to work with some great people. The swine industry would not be as successful as it is without its dedicated employees."
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!