Allie Cowles is a nutrition major from Jackson, Mississippi. She anticipates graduating in May 2019. Allie says her favorite thing about home is she recently just moved to the country and the biggest change has been the slow pace of life out there. She starts her mornings by enjoying breakfast on her family's front porch overlooking the field and observing wildlife that decide to come out of the woods. Her favorite thing about MSU is the hometown feel that the university and Starkville provides. She enjoys campus' little treasures such as the Rose Garden and the Chapel of Memories. In her spare time, she loves to cook. She enjoys taking recipes and substituting healthier alternatives for commonly-used ingredients. Her plan after graduation is to apply for her master's degree and follow up with her dietetic internship. A fun fact about Allie is she's always had a dream of hosting a cooking show one day that improves the nutritional quality of America's favorite dishes.
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!