Michael Davis is an integrated pest management major in the Department of Plant and Soil Sciences. This summer, he is interning under the direction of Darrin Dodds, associate research and extension professor and cotton specialist at MSU. During his internship, Michael travels with Dodd's team all over the state. They plant different cotton varieties and conduct research. "It is very interesting to look at how each variety grows in different areas," he said. He said his time at MSU has helped him prepare for his internship. "We spray the crop with different chemicals such as herbicides for grasses and pesticides for pest. The weed and chemical classes that I have taken at MSU has helped me tremendously in the field," he said. Michael chose his major and internship because he hopes to be a crop consultant one day. "Scouting crops for farmers has been something I have wanted to do for most of my life," he said.
How to Become a Bulldog
- Apply to MSU.
- Make sure you submit the $40 application fee, official transcript, your official test scores (ACT & SAT), and any college coursework you have completed.
- Fill out the Scholarship resume and submit by December 1st for Competitive scholarships, August 1st for Leadership & Service Scholarships.
- Fill out your housing application by April 1st.
- Come to Academic Insight.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Register for Orientation.
- Welcome to the family!