CALS Alumni Fellow
- 2011 - Mr. Barry L. Knight
- 2010 - Mr. Michael Hatcher
- 2009 - Honorable William J. "Billy" McCoy
- 2008 - Mr. Joe Gordy
- 2007 - Mr. Hollis Cheek
- 2006 - Mr. Robert "R.J." Reed
- 2005 - Dr. James E. Smith
- 2004 - Dr. Karen S. Kubena
- 2003 - Dr. James E. Newsome
- 2002 - Mr. James Hester
- 2001 - Mr. Bruce J. Brumfield
- 1999 - Mr. Anthony S. Mancuso
- 1998 - Mr. Charles R. Dismuke, Jr.
- 1997 - Dr. Mark E. Keenum
- 1996 - Mr. Kenneth B. Hood
- 1995 - Mr. William T. Hawks
- 1994 - Mr. William E. Dickson
- 1993 - Mr. Gene A. Triggs, Sr.
- 1992 - Mr. Wayne A. Boutwell
- 1991 - Dr. Will D. Carpenter
- 1990 - Mr. James E. Garrison
Mr. Hollis Cheek
Hollis Cheek, a Marshall, Texas, native and 1970 MSU graduate, is the 2007 Alumni Fellow for the university's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Cheek currently serves as president of J.C. Cheek Contractors, Inc., which has offices in Mississippi and Alabama and performs contracts for state and federal agencies and general contractors throughout the South.
A graduate of Kosciusko High School, Cheek earned a bachelor's degree in landscape architecture and horticulture from Mississippi State. In addition to his work with J.C. Cheek Contractors, Inc., he also directs the operations of Techno-Catch, LLC, and Old Trace Coffee Co. His public service includes stints as a city alderman, state senator and president of the Mississippi Roadbuilders' Association.
Cheek currently serves on the U.S. Department of Energy's Small Business Advisory Board and the board of Momentum Mississippi. He is president of the Kosciusko Attala Development Corp.
"My years at State influenced me to realize we are our successes, failures, hopes and visions," Cheek says. "My greatest professional accomplishment is to have started something with one single thought and, with the help of dedicated co-workers, built it into a marketable product or service."
"In the corner of my memory is a special place for my time at MSU," he says.
Cheek and his wife, Sarah, reside in Kosciusko.