College and School Alumni of the Year
CALS Alumnus of the Year
- 2012 - Mr. James Newsome
- 2011 - Mr. Mark S. Jordan
- 2010 - Mrs. Martha Scott Poindexter
- 2009 - Mr. Randy Dismuke
- 2008 - Mrs. Marsha W. Blackburn
- 2007 - Mr. Kyle W. Rushing
- 2006 - Dr. David G. Morrison
- 2005 - Mr. Gary Blair
- 2004 - Mr. Jerry Brantley Slocum
- 2003 - Mr. William T. Hawks
- 2002 - Mr. Glenn L. McCullough, Jr.
- 2001 - Dr. Mark E. Keenum
- 2000 - Ms. Lea Margaret McLaurin
- 1999 - Mr. Turner Arant
- 1998 - Mr. Bobby P. Martin
- 1997 - Dr. Will D. Carpenter
- 1996 - Dr. George Ashby Green
- 1995 - Mr. Charles W. Ritter, Jr.
- 1994 - Mr. Rouse Caffey
- 1993 - Mrs. Ann Collins Chadwick
- 1992 - Mr. James R. Carter
- 1991 - Mr. Rafael Callejas, Jr.
Mr. Jerry Brantley Slocum
In 1975, Jerry B. Slocum received his Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering. From Coldwater, Mississippi, Jerry currently farms soybeans, corn, and wheat and operates three grain elevators. Their farm previously included cotton and a family cotton gin. He and his wife Debe have four boys, two of whom are currently students at Mississippi State University. Jerry was a charter Director of United Soybean Board appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture. Jerry has actively participated in the following organizations and civic groups such as Soybean Development Foundation, National Grain and Feed Association, Mid-South Grain Association, Mississippi and National Corn Growers Association, USDA's Advisory Committee on Agricultural Biotechnology, City of Coldwater Housing Authority, Tate County Economic Development Board, and First Baptist Church of Coldwater.